Friday, March 26, 2010

GOT A QUESTION FOR YOU...


Another day to ask you something here,
Got a question for you ...

How do you speak positively about EVERYTHING when things just aren't going so well at the moment?

 (And you DEFINITELY want to do that ... or keep getting more "not so good!")

Naturally, that's a question that comes up over and over in the minds of all creative people whom I have met, those who want to be positive AND truthful.

Here's a recent Q&A between two people I overheard

Question
"My understanding is that we should only talk and think about a situation in terms of ... how we want it to be, not about how it is.

"This means we should avoid complaining about what we don't like about a situation and focus on our CMI ["clear mental image" of what's desired].

   "Thing is, if we are currently experiencing a situation which is difficult, how can we say and think it is easy or positive without lying?


"I tend to catch myself thinking about how bad a situation is (analyzing it). Then I correct myself and refocus on the end result goal. The current reality is however pretty bad, so it's hard to ignore it. This is especially hard when interacting with the other people involved.

I remember being specifically instructs to only talk in the most positive terms about the situation.

"So if I'm stuck and someone asks, what should I say? That I am stuck or that it's ok?

"If I am talking to someone about a problem, should I say it is a problem or say it's all going to be all right?

"Because I feel like a bad salesman when I smile and am positive about something that is going badly wrong. And I feel that if people knew the truth from my perspective they would see me as a liar."

Answer
"Here's something that has helped me:

If someone asks you about a situation that is not going particularly well, instead of saying, "Things aren't so good," you can say...

'Things are going well! I'm currently working on (state your challenge/problem), and as a matter of fact, I could use your help!

"Human nature being what it is, people are more inclined to support people/things that are succeeding rather than things that are not. By using the above method, not only do you put your situation in a positive light, you also get buy-in and support from others! Hope this helps!"

That's all for today, my friend, but I've got a special little Friendly Update to send you in a day or two with a fantastic offer I've been working on telling you about. Just waiting for the right time because I want you to have time to read the post.

See you next time!
KEEP THAT PEACE
Happiness will wage the heart in success
The mouth will travel to broad subject
While the enemy stands idle in wickedness
Many do not understand failed future

Success calls on all to understanding
What should have been should have been
But open throat was that unrelenting
And not all that’s seen wants future

All are made in secret to tray
Half done is better before open trench
Life is but secretive to no delay
And only wisdom helps in fruition

Hold your peace till you succeed
Men waylays the plan they see
Stand aside the enemy will plead
But let not the mouth open undone
Salau O John©2010
 

NOT ME
My heart cries out for time
But the world calls me lazy
I tray that I know from prime
Yet they say I’m truly crazy

I know what I want but none
Yet I’m said to be blind
Why do men hate uncommon men?
I was created to be in line

I know I am not crazy
For like men I work too
I know I am not lazy
Better than you I’m tooled

The world stands afraid of me
Prayers they lay their panting
I understand but I’m free
Who can but please men?
Salau O John©2010
 

No comments:

Post a Comment