Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Top 10 signs that its time to leave a relationship


Hello there friend,


Today I had no intention of writing anything on this blog but due to some questions received from one of my friends and my experiences in relationship with all the break-ups I had been through, I know where the shoe pinches more than I can say. 

I just feel like helping someone out with this, believing my service to the world at large is being done in a way for all and sundry.

I would like you to enjoy the facts as I lay it out in helping you on the Top 10 signs to know when to pack-up that relationship of yours.

Enjoy!

Usually your gut instinct will be the first sign that things are not going well in your relationship, you will feel that something is just not right, that something has changed and it is not for the better. Perhaps these feelings will begin to show as anger and coldness where as before you felt kindness and warmth with your partner, these could be the first signs that something is amiss and the relationship is beginning to fail or it could be nothing more than just a stage in your relationship through which you will pass.

So how can you tell which it is? There are other signs that could give you a clue as to if the relationship is doomed or if you will survive, some of the most common signs include:

1. An increase in arguing
If before you agreed on almost anything but now you are constantly disagreeing and arguing then this could be a sign that things are taking a turn for the worse in your relationship. This could be more so if your partner is now forever finding faults and bickering about the smallest of things and disagreeing purely for no good reason.

2. A decrease in passion
If you previously enjoyed a good sex life with your partner and this drops off for no apparent reason then this could be a sign something is not right, while some waning is only natural over a period of time when certain circumstances interfere, if your partner resists your advances continually over a period of time then this could be a warning sign.

3. Avoiding one another
Of course you cant always be together but if you were close before and spent a lot of time in each others company talking, holding hands or cuddling and this begins to drop off to the extent where you are now avoiding each other this is a big sign that you are no longer enjoying each others company and a warning sign of impending doom.

4. Jealously
If your partner suddenly starts flirting with the clear intention of making you jealous then this should be regarded as a warning sign, your partner could be feeling insecure and is looking for more attention or it could be a sign that they are genuinely trying to attract someone new and is losing affection for you.

5. Interference from family members
If your partner begins to use family members such as children against you then this could spell danger in a relationship, bringing family members into it can cause nothing but disharmony and will drive a wedge between any relationships.

6. Growing dependency
If your partner suddenly shows a growing dependency on you then this could be a problem, it could mean that they realize something is wrong between the two of you and are clutching to you.

7. Anxiety or depression
If your partner is suddenly anxious or gets depressed then this could spell trouble, it could mean that they have unresolved issues and unless there is clear reason as to why it could mean your relationship is the main problem.

8. Expecting change
If your partner suddenly wants you to change then this could be a sign something is amiss, they could be indicating that they aren’t happy with the way things are and that things are going downhill.

9. Spending more time at work
If your partner suddenly starts spending more time at work or out with friends than they are with you then this is a big sign that something is wrong.

10. Being secretive
If your partner starts becoming secretive then this is a warning sign, if they tend to hide things from you such as mobile phones, letters or start spending a lot of time online then they could have found a new love in their life.
SAYING GOODBYE
You’re making me say goodbye
No matter how hard I try
I searched my heart for your hurts
But nothing I could find to but

You should have told me the truth
We had no plan of getting loot
I truly love you till the end
But you had other planned friends

I am saying what was not intended
The journey was truly fine and bonded
I’m gonna miss you but a while
Please understand I call on another style

You’re making me say goodbye
This is not another one cry
I will always remember the days
You were in the beginning, my say
Salau O John©2010

GETTING OVER YOU
You should only have told me
Then I would have gotten over you
Someone else was setting you free
My love I would have kept away

I had believed in you and I
But you had another mind apart
You should have told me, no cry
How I try to cope my days

Trying to say the goodbye hurts
But I’ll be fine, believing my plight
You should have been fair in lots
Only in eyes were fair alive

I will be over you I know
Then the world will ask you
I will be far I truly flow
And healing for another I’ll be
Salau O John©2010
To your success,
Olanrewaju John (Salau O)
aka
T1
Poet, Author, Speaker & Publisher

No comments:

Post a Comment