Wednesday, January 6, 2016

True Friends are better!


Just a little help on the issue of friendship. Enjoy!

A lot has been written about friendship but let me dare to make a point too. I began this piece expecting to finish all at once but I couldn't control my thought. And because there are lots of things I needed to say, I decided to use this format which gives me the luxury of saying a lot in few words. It's random. I have beautiful package for you today. hope you enjoy it.

MY CANDID PERSPECTIVE ON FRIENDSHIP - PART 1
I have lived long enough to know that friendship is serious business. It's not just the passing phase of our lives or whiling away time with a bunch of buddies because you are lonely or because you are desperate for attention. Naah! Friendship is serious than that - it's sharing, daring and caring. Friendship is a sweet thought strengthening us in difficult times – the assurance that someone cares for us really keeps us strong. It also means standing strong by the people you care about, believing them and completing them. It won't be out of place if I said; friendship is the shoulder to cry on without feeling ashamed or afraid that you will be judged.

I have never canceled a friendship no matter how bad things went – no not one. How do people do that? From today you are no longer my friend? That's lunacy. Nevertheless, there are people who ceased being my friends. I don't blame them – it's their choice. I have always considered people who I have shared my life with, no matter how brief, worthy of respect. That's a choice I will NEVER regret.

True friendship never ends. The energy might lessen by distance and it can be hurt by friction but it never leaves the heart. Friendship that ends was selfish from the start.

I fear many things in life but only few equal a serene friendship. True friendship is never void of disagreements. If a serene friendship ever existed, the parties were never honest. Friends must be frank with each other and frankness brings friction. Men abhor frankness – it shows our flaws. Friendship that is frank and yet finds a way to understand is real.

I can never give up on life or be bothered by loneliness as long as there is still that one person in my heart who reminds me of brighter days. This is God's way of providing us strength when we seem to approach the end of the road. I have experience the value of friendship in hard times than in good times. Isn't a friend in need a friend indeed?

I don't expect my friends to be perfect. Just like me, they have their flaws and idiosyncrasies but I accept them completely like that. I'm ready to sacrifice a few inconveniences and disappointments because I love my friends. This kinda mind is an imitation of God's love. God loves us when we are covered in shits because when the shit comes off, we become assets.

Our journey towards success accelerates tremendously if we have true friends in our lives. It's no surprise that people who fail in life dine with fake friends. The birth of noble friendship is the best token to a man's success.

All I ask from God is a selfless friend as Jesus. With him, I need nothing more to conquer the world. His worth is more than rubies and the energy he creates can cause a change overnight.

Time is not the reason why friends are true – I have friends who are as old as my age yet unstable as the same. The love and devotion friends are willing to share is what makes some friends true and others fake.
No kidding. True friends have made my cry but when I did, I found comfort in moments when our laughter rang into miles, when their hands helped me from sinking and the thought that they care was what kept me strong in difficult times. I will never trade that because of the few moments of pains.

I think friendship is derived from the word FREE. Here are my reasons:
1. A friend is not a parent or a babysitter. A friend gives me the freedom to make my choice and respect them because I am an adult. When you try to make decisions for your friend, you are assuming a parent's role and you are not one.

2. With a friend, I am free to be myself and not be caught in any form of pretense. A friend should grant me the luxury of being myself without judging me else he should be ready to put up with my deception.
3. A friend should respect my space. There are three spaces in friendship. My space, your space and the space we share together. If you want your friendship to be worthwhile, you should respect your friend's space until you are invited. There are secrets and issues that your friend is not ready to reveal – respect that. 
here are levels he is not ready to go with you yet – don't force or seduce him. There are habits he's fighting with – don't give up on him. Friendship requires a lot of patience and common sense.

When friendship goes sour, I don't badmouth my friends because they have contributed immensely to my life and it would be out of place to bite the hands that has fed me. Many of us mess up friendship when it ends forgetting the lovely memories we shared and the hands offered us in our times of need.

Cheers
John Olanrewaju

No comments:

Post a Comment